request a demo to see how our solutions meet your needs
CoreWellness© Online provides you with knowledge and practical skills to manage stress and adversities typical of medical school and post-graduate training. You will learn about burnout syndrome (BOS), improve resilience, and achieve self-awareness through proactive wellness and self-care measures. This comprehensive program is the first of its kind, designed to help you cope with the unique demands of the healthcare profession and to better understand the impact stressors have on your cognitive, emotional, and physical well-being. This program provides information to help you not only survive your training, but to actually thrive and flourish.
The CoreWellness© program is divided into 24 modules. Each module has a self-directed e-learning component and an accompanying group discussion. The modules are briefly described below.
1. Burnout: The definition of burnout, its etiology, prevalence, and consequences are provided.
2. Wellness: Describes the eight dimensions of wellness including physical, emotional, spiritual, social, intellectual, occupational, environmental, and financial.
3. Resilience: Describes the relationship between resilience cognitive behavioral therapy and how to improve resilience.
Skill Building Exercises
4. Mind Pulse Exercise: Describes the A (adversity), B (beliefs), C (consequences) and builds awareness around thinking patterns.
5. Emotional Temperature Exercise: Instructs how to discover, analyze, and enhance self-awareness regarding events or stressors that trigger strong emotions.
6. Thought X-Ray Exercise: Identifies overly intense or counterproductive emotional/behavioral responses generated by cognitive distortions.
7. Positive Evidence Points (PEP) Exercise: Demonstrates techniques to build self-esteem through positive self-affirmations, benchmark achievements, and positive feedback.
8. Thought-Balloons Exercise: Challenges unhelpful beliefs using breathwork and visualization.
9. Nucleus Beliefs Exercise: Identifies deep-rooted core beliefs about oneself, others, the future, and the world.
10. Gaussian Thought-Distribution Exercise: Puts adversities in perspective by using a probability distribution to determine the likelihood that an event actually occurring.
11. Narrative Medicine Exercise: Describes how writing, reflecting, and sharing patient stories can nurture empathy and compassion.
12. Personal Mission-Statement Exercise: Describes how creating a mission statement, regarding one’s overall purpose for going into medicine will increase meaning.
13. Crash Cart Resilience Exercises: Illustrates how to confront adversities in the moment, which leads to better outcomes.
14. Conflict Management Exercise: Teaches how to diffuse anger and begin the process of negotiation and problem solving.
15. Self-Assessment Tools – Part 1: Allows self-reflection and discovery through 25 self-assessment tools and questionnaires.
16. Self-Assessment Tools – Part 2: Allows exploration of one’s greatest character strengths.
Program Level Benefits
17. Wellness Program Examples: Provides information about 12 of the top evidence-based wellness programs in the United States.
18. Resident’s Role in Creating a Culture of Wellness: Describes how residents can help lead the effort to build and maintain a culture of wellness within their training program.
19. Creating a Departmental Wellness Initiative – Part 1: Describes how to create a wellness initiative including understanding the scope and conducting a needs assessment.
20. Creating a Departmental Wellness Initiative – Part 2: Instructs how to establish a departmental Wellness Committee and review national best wellness practices.
21. Creating a Departmental Wellness Initiative – Part 3: Identify a “wellness champion”, develop a wellness initiative budget, and create metrics to track results.
Simulated Resident Encounters
22. Simulated Resident Encounter – Burnout: Help a simulated resident with increasing feelings of frustration, irritability, and trouble sleeping who skips morning report.
23. Simulated Resident Encounter – Resilience: Help a simulated resident reach his potential through resilience building skills.
24. Simulated Resident Encounter – Work-Life Balance: Help a simulated resident create a better work-life balance.
- Helps healthcare providers cope with the unique demands of the healthcare profession and better understand of the impact stressors on their cognitive, emotional and physical well-being
- Evidence-based wellness interventions include top resilience exercises and measurement tools
- Case-based scenarios that are interactive and decision-oriented to promote learner engagement. They depict real-life situations of burnout, depression, wellness and resilience, and work-life balance and include immediate formative feedback from experts to increase learner retention
- CoreWellness© Online is a cloud-based program that is available anytime, anywhere on computers or mobile devices