request a demo to see how our solutions meet your needs
CoreCases for Internal Medicine
Consistent education, objective assessment, ongoing tracking of core competencies and milestones, and reporting on an individual resident’s proficiency are challenges for all Program Directors. With the shifting landscape for care and increasing demands on faculty and staff, a more efficient and effective method for educating residents and assessing milestones is needed.
CoreCases for Internal Medicine consists of a full curriculum of 30 cases that are online simulated patient encounters that assess the competencies and milestones required for demonstrating resident proficiency at each stage of their learning process. Residents learn critical information faster, retain more information, and improve clinical reasoning and problem solving. Cases can be assigned based on PGY level, topic area, or complexity. This curriculum can be used to supplement educational activities in a specific rotation, to replace lectures, and engage in interactive discussions. It includes familiar disease states as well as ones that are difficult for programs to cover.
CoreCases for Internal Medicine contains a full complement of rich multi-media including clinical images, medical illustrations, charts and videos to engage and encourage participation from all residents. Supplemental articles and resources are incorporated into each case making further study easy and efficient.
CoreCases for Internal Medicine also provides objective and consistent assessment of competencies and milestones. The robust reporting tools provide feedback for identification of weak areas so that early and focused remediation can be applied.
- Teaches in a decision-oriented format with immediate formative feedback
- Provides medical educators and administrators an objective assessment and reporting tool
- Includes core competencies and required milestones defined by the ACGME in every case to follow proficiency of residents over time
- Incorporates most disease states and patient conditions needed for Family Practice residents
- Reduces the impact on variance in clinical experience